Re: Installation on Toshiba 330CDT laptop

>Hi everyone. I'm trying to install Debian on a Toshiba 330CDT laptop. I
>have several years Unix use, but I've never tried to install Linux before.
>
>I'm installing from CD, but I can't even get past the first page. I get
>the following:
>  boot:
>and then the machine reboots, and round we go again.

Stephen, you need a boot floppy with a zImage kernel (not bzImage) on it.
There are Rescue and Driver disks for Tecra series laptops which provide
this - look to where you got the other diskette images from for these
alternate images.

I know at one point that the Tecra images ... weren't.  i.e. something got
messed up and they had the same problem as the regular images.  If this has
happened again, let me know and I'll send you a raw image of the diskette
that I use to boot into Linux on my system (a Tecra 8000).

(To use it on your system, I'll need to know what partition your Linux root
is installed on.  i.e. is it /dev/hda2, etc.  Mine is /dev/hda3 - so if your
differs, I'll have to run rdev against it before sending it to you.)

Later,
Kevin