Creating fake packages

Is there any way of creating fake packages just to fulfill dependencies?
The reason I ask is because I have some old programs and libs which I
don't have the sources for any more, and some debs depend on their
equivalent packages. It just seems daft spending time and money DLing
sources or packages when I've got them already on my system. Any hints
much appreciated.

Cheers
	Dave

--