sound/mixer

	I've been battling sound on Linux for about a while and I think
it's time to get some second opinions.

xmix can only adjust DSP and mic levels, I can play cds and midis, but the
only levels I can adjust is DSP and Mic.  I would love to be able to
adjust bass and treble or the line-in.  The only kernal option about a
mixer in xconfig is "ACI mixer".  That's enabled, but doesn't help.  Any
help would be great.

    |\^/|      	Brent McMillan
._|\|   |/|_.  	Math student of the University of Waterloo
 \         /   	and amateur whistle player