Unidentified subject!

Hello,

I got a hold of a 486 PS/2 with a microchannel bus and installed
Hamm. I have no docs. I plan to use it as an X11 terminal.
GA, and the 8514 X11 server, but I can't get
it configured.  The default server is VGA16.
When I type XF86Configure, the screen does funny
things and then the screen hangs. I go to another virtural terminal,
and the screen is messed up. But I can log in as root, and shutdown
the system (without seeing what I am typing).

Has anyone installed X11 on a PS/2. If so, can you send config
file?

Thanks in advance.