partition table erased! POSSIBLE RECOVERY??? (urgent..)

A problem with our disk erased the partition table (at least). Is
there a way to recover the info, if it's still there? Maybe with some
ext2 utility trick...

I don't remember the partitions exactly; I tried to create the first
(root) one with the probable sizes with cfdisk and mounting but each
time mount complains about wrong superblocks... Of course I didn't use
mke2fs.

This is my last chance of recovering the info :-( This damn disaster
happened just a few days before I put the students in the raid
server...

Carlos