Re: Kernel 2.0.31 won't compile

Hi,
>>"Mark" == Mark Phillips <mark@ist.flinders.edu.au> writes:

 Mark> On 3 Aug 1998, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
 Mark> I need to compile the 2.0.31 kernel.  Unfortunately there is
 Mark> not a debian package for the 2.0.31 kernel, so I downloaded the
 Mark> upstream version, unpacked it into /usr/local/src, created
 Mark> links

 >> What links did you create? Please uncreate those links and try
 >> again, I fear that may be part of the problem.

 Mark> The links I created were:
 SNIP
	I compile kernels in /usr/local all the time, and I never have
 created any of these links ... they are not required.

 Mark> I am at a loss to know what to try next.

	Me too. I can only tell you what works for me, which is: I
 unpack kernel sources in /usr/local/src/kernel; I ignore the bit
 about symlinks, and I use make-kpkg; but it has been a while since I
 tried 2.0.31 (if I ever did); is there areason you can't just go to
 2.0.3[45]?

	manoj
--
 ...cyberpunk wants to see the mind as mechanistic & duplicable,
 challenging basic assumptions about the nature of individuality &