Re: How to change IRQ on NIC?

On Thu, 23 Jul 1998, Kent West wrote:

> Excellent! That did it.
>
> FYI, I couldn't just change the config; I had to remove the module and then
> add it right back in, changing the parameters at that point.
>
> One more question; after making a change like that, can you get the system
> to see the change without rebooting? I suspect you can, but I don't know
> how, so I just rebooted, which worked fine. But I'd like to know for future
> reference.
>
> Thanks again!

I believe that the simple adding of the module solved that problem, the
device should work straight away.

another way to change the config, change the /etc/modules file... i.e.:

ne io=0x300 irq=15

stuff like that... whats in it now should help you. (thats if you need to
change anything... use rmmod then insmod - /etc/modules is used on
bootup, (comments? am I right?) so you need the parameters with insmod)

Hey, Im only getting out of newbie stage... If I am wrong, PLEASE correct
me... I dont want a `rm -rf /` situation. :)

                       Michael Beattie (mickyb@es.co.nz)

   "In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people
      very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams