Re: SyQuest

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Robert Henry Rati wrote:

> Will the release of Debian 2.0 support SyQuest removable drives in any
> way?  I know there is a way to make the Iomega parallel port version of
> the zip drive work in Linux, but not the SyQuest EZFlyer.  Is there going
> to be any support for the SyQuest parallel port drives and/or any other
> SyQuest removable drives?

Hi,

Linux developmental kernels have the drivers already. For the stable
2.0.xx kenrel, there is a patch to access a syquest parallel  port drive.
In fact, I have installed a syquest sparq (1.0 Gb. capacity) parallel
port few hours ago. And it works quite well.

regards,

== ========== Andre M. Varon  Lasaltech Incorporated
== ==    ==== Technical Head  Fax-Tel: (034)435-0836
==    == ==   E-mail  : andrelst@mozcom.com