RE: [Offtopic: Java Mode broken in Xemacs20?]

Hi,

Why don't you try the JDE ? Actually I think it will be a good ideea to make a
deb package for JDE. JDE uses cc-mode for syntax-highlighting. XEmacs have this
by default, but I'm using Emacs. Anyhow, it is working fine, both under Win95
and Linux.

Here are some fragments from my .emacs file. As I'm just a begginer, I just
gathered code from different sources and friends and put them in my ".emacs".
Many of them are no more needed, so I have commented them (ussualy my own lines
they have ";;Ionutz" at the end of the line). I think you should try to
uncoment some of them and see what's happening.

After you change something you should close and open the emacs to make the
changes active. That's the way I'm using (not very inteligent, I agree, so if
anybody knows how to load directly the changes of the ".emacs" file, please
write me). I will also send you the andersl-java-font-lock.el in a private
e-mail. To install it, you have to add some lines to the .emacs (see bellow)
 and copy the andersl-java-font-lock.el somewhere emacs can find it. Use the
load-path for this.

;; you should set here your path to were you keep the emacs el files
;; maybe you already have something like this in your .emacs
;; so just add andersl-java-font-lock.el in the path or modify the path
corresponding
;; 		Ionutz
(setq load-path
     	(nconc '(
           	"d:/emacs/site-lisp/jde"
		"d:/emacs/site-lisp"
		)
		load-path))

;; fontification font-lock.el much better than the default hilit19.el
;***************************** (for coloring)
;;automatic Font Lock mode in TeX mode
(add-hook 'tex-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)
;(add-hook 'java-mode-hook 'turn-on-font-lock)		;; Ionutz
;; if Font Lock necessary for other than .tex files, uncomment following
(global-font-lock-mode t)
; Turn on font-lock in all modes that support it	;; Ionutz
(if (fboundp 'global-font-lock-mode)			;; Ionutz
    (global-font-lock-mode t))				;; Ionutz
; Maximum colors							;; Ionutz
;(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)			;; Ionutz

;; This is for loading the andersl-java-font-lock.el. Ionutz
;; andersl-java-font-lock.el -- Font lock support for Java.

	(add-hook 'java-mode-hook 'my-java-mode-hook)

	(defun my-java-mode-hook ()
      	(cond (window-system
            	(require 'andersl-java-font-lock)
              	(turn-on-font-lock))))

	(setq font-lock-maximum-decoration t)

You also can take a look on the home page of JDE (there is where I found about
andersl-java-font-lock.el, cc-mode, ... ). Also, there you have the links for
the original sites for these files. I think the address is
http://sunsite.auc.dk/jde/ (my bookmarks are at the office were I have full
connection. Home I have just e-mail).

Hope it helps.

Ionutz