Setting up a new cdrom drive

Ok, here's a question from a Linux newbie.  Apologies in advance.  I've
attached a new SCSI parallel port cdrom drive to my computer, and need to
know how to get it working under Debian.  Complicating matters somewhat is
the fact that I connected my existing Iomega Zip drive to the pass-through
port on the cdrom drive (which is in turn connected to the computer).
This setup works under Win95, and the Zip drive still works fine under
Debian, but will I be able to add a Debian cdrom driver (or whatever I
need) to use the cdrom drive after a Linux boot?

Christian T. Iivari
Stanford University

P.O. Box 11940
Stanford, CA 94309