Re: .ps or .pdf editing app

> I've tried a lot of editing apps (and conversion utilities) in hamm,
> but I can't find one that edits postscript or acrobat files.  Does
> anyone know what package I can use to edit a ps or pdf form that uses
> Times-Roman fonts in a variety of point sizes, with some lines (no
> graphics)?

Try the pstoedit package.  I'm not sure if it will do exactly what you
want, but it's worth a try.  For example, you can do:

pstoedit -f fig filename.ps

and it will convert it as best it is able, to an xfig format file.  It
worked quite well for some stuff I was doing.

That's for postscript - I don't know about pdf - what's the difference,
anyone?

Cheers,

Mark.