Re: Slink [was: Re: Debian Hamm & Dselect]

On Wed, 1 Apr 1998 storm@gate.net wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Apr 1998, William R. Ward wrote:
>
> > In article <Pine.A32.3.93.980401184955.40912A-100000@navajo.gate.net>, Scott Ellis <storm@gate.net> writes:
> > > Simple.  Slink doesn't currently duplicate anything that is in hamm.  Set
> > > dselect or whatever to look in dists/frozen and dists/unstable if you want
> > > stuff specifically from slink.
> >
> > How do I do that?  There is only one each of 'main', 'non-free', and
> > 'contrib', and only one Packages file for each.  Is there a way to get
> > a Packages file that covers hamm with the changes from slink?  Or
> > should I just stick with hamm for now?
>
> dists/{frozen,unstable}/{main,non-free,contrib}

Its not just this easy. I did it and upadated all packages.
AND compiled my kernel with gcc 2.8.1
Result:
Any graphics where fucked. (XFree86, SVGAtextmode, SVGAlib)

Then i downgraded to gcc 2.7.x -> Everything works fine again.

I don't know, why this could happen.
Maybe gcc 2.8.1 does not compile the kernel properly or some libs where
fucked.

If anyone has an explanation for this problem -> plz mail

Thanks,

Florian Attenberger