Re: Virtual Consoles

Hello,
======

> I wish to screen to clear after booting my system but using agetty this is not
> possible, I have tried using mingetty and this does what I require, but I am
> wondering if there is anyreason agetty was chosen (i.e Does it support some
> features mingetty does not, when used for virtual consoles)?

I can't answer that question, unfortunately, but I am quite satisfied with
agetty.

If you wish to clear the screen after every logout, it is rather simple and
it can be done by putting this line into /etc/profile:

trap clear EXIT

and it means that when bash catches the EXIT signal it executes clear before
it exits. And so you'll have a perfectly clear screen after every logout.

I do not think it is wise to have your first VC clean immediately after
bootup as you can miss some error messages (and forget to look into
/var/log/messages ;-) .

Everything the best,
Peter

                      * Peter Paluch                  *