Re: Lee: Re: smail Solution for Dynamic IP's

Carey Evans wrote:

> What about the envelope sender?  sendmail writes this as:
>
> >From c.evans@clear.net.nz Sun Mar  1 16:12:31
>
> or something similar at the top of the message.  qmail puts:

> as RFC821 and RFC822 (4.3.1, 4.4.3) suggest.

Hi Carey and David,

David in another message you were suggesting I not use the "from " line.
Do you know how to turn it off?  I haven't found any way to control
this line -- smail seems to generate this line as Carey describes for
sendmail.

Carey, is there a central configuration file for qmail.  I would like
one file to translate internal names to external names instead of
relying on the user to get things right with the MAILUSER? environment
variable.  Right now it's only one or two users, but I would still
prefer the configuration file in case I ever want to handle more people.

Is qmail only available for hamm?  Any suggestions for building it on
bo?  Or even better, suggestions to get smail working properly?

Thanks,
--
Lee Bradshaw                 lee.bradshaw@mindspring.com (preferred)
Next Level Communications    bradshaw@nlc.com