Re: Lee: Re: smail Solution for Dynamic IP's

kotsya@u.washington.edu (David Stern) writes:

> This may or may not be justification for refusal, I can't say for sure.
>  My recommendation would be to avoid using potentially problematic
> fields, of which From (without the colon) seems to definately qualify.

He doesn't add a from (without colon) header. This "from" appearing in the
smail logs (and this is the "from" smail checks) is from the SMTP dialog.
Namely the entry "MAIL FROM:<sender-address> - start transaction from
sender"
I think it is also called the envelope (together with the "RCPT TO:").

> > If I set the visible name to mindspring.com, then the from looks like:
> >
> > from <bradshaw@mindspring.com>
> >
> > Mindspring inserts a return path:

> > so my returned mail will go to another user.

Ciao,
	Martin