Re: How to restore original conffiles?

Henning Makholm wrote:
> The short story: How do I tell dpkg to re-install the conffiles in a
> package, overwriting any changes I've made myself?

Normally dpkg renames overwritten conffiles into conffile.dpkg-old
and not installed conffiles into conffile.dpkg-dist.  However I'm not
sure if it also does this when it has accepted that the user had modified
the configuration file.

Please try:

cd /
dpkg --fsys-tarfile foo.deb |tar xf etc/where/the/conffile/is

Even more secure, unpack the .deb file somewhere else and copy the
conffile:

	mkdir /tmp/foo
	dpkg -x foo.deb /tmp/foo

Regards,

	Joey

--
If you come from outside of Finland, you live in wrong country.
	-- motd of irc.funet.fi