Installation Partition Problem

I am a newcomer to the Linux arena. I've been a MS
boy for pretty much all of my life.
I just downloaded the base and rescue images for
debian, and I do have all the necessary images on
floppy to install debian.
I'm trying to install on a Toshiba T4400C laptop.
It has a 120 MB hard drive, 12 MB of RAM and a color 256 Color screen.
Now I've gotten Linux to boot correctly, I get into
the install program alright. Now the problem comes
into play at about the second step when debian
wants to partition my hard drive. Fdisk doesn't
even load because the error I get with fdisk is
"Fatal error: Bad primary partition"
"Press any key to exit fdisk"
I've tried redoing the partition back to normal on
my harddisk (back to an MS-DOS partition) and then
reformatted the HD about 4-5 times.
Just a special note, when I look at the partiton
information on my HD after I run debian install,
the HD is setup into 4 Non-MSDOS partitions, and
they are all blown WAY out of proportion, like I have one, 151 MB partition on a 120 MB hard drive,
and all the other partitions are huge. I have a
feeling that's something that's causing fdisk's
error message. Any help would be appreciated.

---
Nils =O)
nilsl@earthlink.net
"You could trouble me for a big glass of shutup..."
http://youthrage.base.org