Re: Meaning of "Failed Intel bug check"?

I was not able to find the test software at www.intel.com,
but I did find software at the c't website.  Here is the
output from my SONY Vaio PCG-505F.

: c't Pentium II Info V 1.4(c) c't Andreas Stiller, April 1998
:
: CPUID             : GenuineIntel, Typ=0, Family=5, Model=8, Step=1
: Processor Core    : Pentium-MMX (TCP 1,8/2,5v) myA0-Step
: Actual clock rate : 231.1 MHz
: Error : No Pentium II => Break

If I understand what this is all about, some manufactures overclock
Pentium II rated for 233MHz and 266MHz so that they run at 300MHz.

However my SONY Vaio PCG-505F is SUPPOSED to have a Pentium-MMX running
at
233MHz.  (See http://www.sony

So why is Debian 2.0 complaining?  Is it because the chip is rated at
233MHz,
but only running at 231?  Or is this just a bug in Debian 2.0?

Blair