Re: xbase problem (2.0_

Ralph Winslow wrote:

> When Clyde Wilson wrote, I replied:
> >
> > On Thu, 24 Dec 1998, Stan Brown wrote:
> >
> > >       Is there a known problem with the xbase package from the 2.0release? It
> > >       failed to install some required config files, and dpkg even sugested I
> > >       file a bug report against it.
> > >
> > I haven't used dpkg, but dselect seems to do the same thing.  You should
> > answer no during the automatic install when it asks if you want to create
> > a config file.  After everything is installed enter
> > /usr/sbin/xbase-configure logged on as root.
>
> When I tried this I got
>
> # /usr/sbin/xbase-configure
> ksh: /usr/sbin/xbase-configure: not found

	Hmmm, I'm running slink, and never heard of (and I looked for) this file.

> I had been running fvwm95-2 and I'm kind of used to that, but it seems
> that now
> (since I upgraded to slinK, that is) I'm only able to get fvwm2.  As you
> can see, pon/ppp is OK as is netscape4.5 which I had been and am still
> able to use.  But
> this window manager won't resize or reposition windows, doesn't Iconify,
> etc.
> How can I get fvwm95-2 back?

	What does your /etc/X11/window-manager file say?  The first line is the
window manager that will be used.  Do you have a .xinitrc; does it specify a
different window manager?
	Wait a sec... Are you specifying 'fvwm95-2'?  On my slink system its just
'fvwm95'.

--
Ed C.