Re: Help. System dies after 4-5 hours with message: Aiee ...

On Thu, 24 Dec 1998, Jim Foltz wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> I think this is a kernel issue, and more specifically related to
> multiprocessing (using more than a single cpu.) You might ask in the
> kernel discussion group or mailing list.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have searched on the web for "Aiee
scheduling" and all that I find is requests for help but nothing about the
solution. The machine is not a multiprocessor it is a single processor
system. Alll mother five Debian system including a multiprocessor running
developmental kernel 2.1.130 are working fine except this one machine.
Daniel J. Mashao
Electrical Engineering                          daniel@comgate.ee.uct.ac.za
University of Cape Town	       	            http://www.ee.uct.ac.za/~daniel
Rondebosch, 7700, S. Africa         (w) 27+21+650 2816  (h) 27+21+705 8469