Re: Ram problem (i think) win/linux

AJ <artlu@intergrafix.net> writes:

> after i installed it i pico /etc/lilo.conf added the line: append="192m"
> even though the ram test showed something like 196megs.. so i added that
> rebooted (now i always have problems with my video card i gotta readjust

One megabyte is 1024 kilobytes. That means, 192 megabytes is 196608
kilobytes. So if you just divide by 1000 you'll be telling linux that
you have 4 megabytes that aren't there, which is asking for trouble
all right!

> now lets switch to windows95 shall we..

Hardly so on a debian mailing list, I say.

--
Henning Makholm
http://www.diku.dk/students/makholm