inc in exmh misbehaving (was: Should I be concerned about /etc/nmh/maildelivery?)

> > It seems that there are some messages, which I can't fully characterize,
> > that cause Inc to terminate its action.
> [etc etc...]
>
> There are quite a few people who saw EXACTLY this problem (including
> myself).  I saw a few emails on EXMH mailing list too.  I think it's
> some "corrupted" email you get.  Lock file is set by EXMH, once
> "inc" is done, it's supposed to be removed.  You can incorporate
> email by running nmh "inc" from xterminal (not from EXMH).  It'll
> work, but there will be no filtering, everything will end up in
> inbox.  It happended to me in "libc6 problems period" in slink, did
> not see that again.  So far I did not see reasonable explanation for
> that phenomena, on EXMH list too.

I've been experiencing this problem too (under Hamm).  I don't believe
however that it is a problem with "corrupted" email for two reasons:

1. the commandline inc, followed by a commandline slocal sort, works fine.

2. Once when this happened, I made a copy of my mail file before I manually
incorporated the mail.  Then I copied back the mail file, and tried to
incorporate it using the inc button on exmh.  This time it incorporated
fine!  Ie it seems to have nothing to do with the contents of the mail
file.

It would be nice if exmh could be configured to put debug information in
a file somewhere - does anyone know if it can or does?

Cheers,

Mark.