Re: inc in exmh misbehaving (was: Should I be concerned about /etc/nmh/maildelivery?)

> > > It seems that there are some messages, which I can't fully characterize,
> > > that cause Inc to terminate its action.
> > [etc etc...]
> >
> > There are quite a few people who saw EXACTLY this problem (including
> > myself).  I saw a few emails on EXMH mailing list too.  I think it's
> > some "corrupted" email you get.  Lock file is set by EXMH, once
> > "inc" is done, it's supposed to be removed.  You can incorporate
> > email by running nmh "inc" from xterminal (not from EXMH).  It'll
> > work, but there will be no filtering, everything will end up in
> > inbox.  It happended to me in "libc6 problems period" in slink, did
> > not see that again.  So far I did not see reasonable explanation for
> > that phenomena, on EXMH list too.
>
> I've been experiencing this problem too (under Hamm).  I don't believe
> however that it is a problem with "corrupted" email for two reasons:
>
> 1. the commandline inc, followed by a commandline slocal sort, works fine.

How exactly are you doing this ?
[21:09:37 shaul]$ inc
bash: inc: command not found
[21:12:10 shaul]$ /usr/bin/mh/inc
inc: no mail to incorporate
[21:12:18 shaul]$ slocal
bash: slocal: command not found
[21:12:23 shaul]$ /usr/lib/mh/slocal
	Nothing (Is it waiting for input ?)

> 2. Once when this happened, I made a copy of my mail file before I manually
> incorporated the mail.  Then I copied back the mail file, and tried to
> incorporate it using the inc button on exmh.  This time it incorporated
> fine!  Ie it seems to have nothing to do with the contents of the mail
> file.

According to you it does seems an exmh problem.