Re: Should I be concerned about /etc/nmh/maildelivery ?

Hi, Shaul!
> I don't seem to have /etc/nmh/maildelivery. Should I be concerned about it ?
I don't think so.  I don't have it eather. But everything works fine.

> The reason I am even thinking about it is that the presort Inc method of my
> exmh sometimes get stucked. To be more specific, It seems that there are some
> messages, which I can't fully characterize, that cause Inc to terminate its
> action. Where this termination does not seem to be normal since some of the
> email is getting copied to the desired directories, but not removed from my
> mail box (/var/spool/mail/shaul). When I am trying to invoke mail afterwards
> to see what is going on and delete the messages that were copied, it seems
> that someone, probably the Inc method, also left out
> /var/spool/mail/shaul.lock.
> Now all of this could be caused by my .maildelivery file because I am far from
> understanding what exactly is written in it. Which led me to trying to read
> the slocal man page, which led me to /etc/nmh/maildelivery.

There are quite a few people who saw EXACTLY this problem (including myself).
I saw a few emails on EXMH mailing list too.  I think it's some "corrupted"
email you get.  Lock file is set by EXMH, once "inc" is done, it's supposed to
be removed.  You can incorporate email by running nmh "inc" from xterminal
(not from EXMH).  It'll work, but there will be no filtering, everything will
end up in inbox.  It happended to me in "libc6 problems period" in slink, did
not see that again.

So far I did not see reasonable explanation for that phenomena, on EXMH list
too.

Sasha.