Re: Matrox Xserver on Debian

On Tue, 22 Dec 1998, Sean M Hollingsworth wrote:

> I am (hopefully) putting a Matrox Millennium G200 AGP in my linux box
> next month.  I know that S.u.S.E has an Xserver for this card, but I can
> only find tarballs and RPMs for it.  I now have two questions:
>
> 1) Is there a deb of the Matrox Xserver?
I think no
> 2) In the event I can't find a deb, would installing the xserver from a
> tarball or an RPM cause any problems with compatibility?  Say with
> updates, other libs, etc...

I have installed it from .rpm through alie, I neede to save the
configutration file XF86Config in root's home and then move it to its
default location. Also I made X to be a simbolic link to Matrx server.
It is working fine for me (on 3 machines).
If I don't fail there will be supported for Millennium G200 in svga
server in Xfree86 3.3.3 It may be an option for you to wait until then.