Re: Gnome Not working in Slink upgrade

On Tue, Dec 22, 1998 at 09:53:32PM -0500, wtopa@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Just tried a new slink upgrade, again.  I must have something wrong
> because I can't get gnome to upgrade correctly.
>
> when I run panel or eeyes I get the message:
>
> libgtk-1.1.so.2 cannot open shared object file: no such file or
> directory
>
> I do have libgtk-1.1.so.3 & libgtk-1.1.so.1 but no libgtk-1.1.so.2.

> Everything _but_ gnome and its apps _seem_ to be running.
>
> Does 'anyone' have gnome running on slink?  If so, I wonder what is
> wrong with the depends (and on What?).
yo, look below, I'm not sure if it's depend on this,
I'm new gnome user, no expirience

||/ Name            Version        Description
+++-===============-==============-============================================
ii  libgtk-doc      1.0.6-2        Documentation and example code for the GIMP
ii  libgtk-perl     0.3-3          Perl module for the gtk+ library
ii  libgtk1         1.0.6-2        The GIMP Toolkit set of widgets for X
ii  libgtk1.1       1.1.2-2        The GIMP Toolkit set of widgets for X, unsta
ii  libgtk1.1-dev   1.1.2-2        Development files for the GIMP Toolkit, unst
ii  libgtk1.1.6     1.1.6-1        The GIMP Toolkit set of widgets for X, unsta
ii  libgtkmm        0.9.15-1       shared library of gtk--, a C++ wrapper for G
ii  libgtkxmhtml0   0.30.1-5       The Gnome gtkxmhtml (HTML) widget
ii  gnome-admin     0.30-3         Gnome Admin Utilities (gulp and logview)
ii  gnome-control-c 0.30-2         The Gnome Control Center
ii  gnome-core      0.30-2         Common files for Gnome core apps and help br
ii  gnome-gxsnmp    0.30-3         A network management tool that uses SNMP
ii  gnome-hello     0.30.1-5       The Gnome "Hello World" examples
ii  gnome-media     0.30-2         Gnome Media Utilities (gmix, gtcd)
ii  gnome-panel     0.30-2         Launch and/or dock Gnome applications
ii  gnome-session   0.30-2         The Gnome Session Manager
ii  gnome-terminal  0.30-2         The Gnome terminal emulator application

thats the packages I have installed, hope it gives You a idea,

very X-mas
good 1999
--
   Peter