Re: Moving partition

>You could also make a new partition and mount it as /home, or /usr, or
>some such.

Glad to hear that suggestion as that is precisely what I would do!
Actually, I never put it all on one partition anyway.  Old habits
are hard to break.  I like to get /var and /home OFF the root if
possible, and generally use a single separate partition for /usr
also.

That also makes it easier to take advantage of multiple disks and
the 2nd IDE controller on most m'bds these days.  I typically put
the 1st disk along with the CD (if ATAPI) and a 2nd disk, even if
its small, on the 2nd IDE port.  Put swap and /var on it, or even
/home.

Another advantage of this is, when you decide to try another distribution
you just use /home with it, and swap, plus, you often have a partition or
two around that comes in handy when it comes time to resize one, or move
stuff around, etc.

You'll find the system performance will be a little better too, 'cause
it'll be able to take better advantage of the capabilities by keeping
the I/O going on two disks instead of all of it on one, plus the
additional controller channel.

Paul