Re: Moving partition

>> In fact, my problem is : How do I move files from an old parttion to a new
>one while
>> ensure all links (and things like that) are kept ?

This is the way I've done it dozens of times...its from the days prior to
cp having the correct attributes to do it correctly, and maintain last
access times, etc...

mount the target filesystem (lets say at /mnt)
cd to the top of the one which you want to copy...lets say /usr
then, this command:

find . -depth | cpio -pdmv /mnt

The result at /mnt will be AN EXACT duplicate of the filesystem.  I
understand that the more recent GNU cp will do the same, but this is
the way I've always done it, and still do.

Paul