Re: Moving partition

> How do I move files from an old parttion to a new one while
> ensure all links (and things like that) are kept ?

One way to do this is to use tar:
( cd /old/location ; tar cf - . ) | ( cd /new/location ; tar xpf - )

> What is the command to format (initialise ?) a partition ?

To create a file system use the appropriate command for the files system
type, e.g. mke2fs for the "second extended files system" that is common
in Linux.  Beware: you will be erasing any data that currently exists
in the partition!

Use the mount command to mount the new partition and add an entry to
/etc/fstab to automatically mount it at boot time.

- MikeT

--
Michael E. Touloumtzis <toumi01@cai.com>