Re: Why?!

Christian Lavoie wrote:

>[snip]
>
> The thing is that Windows 95 is NOT built to the 'standard linux user'. The
> SLU often wants total control, doesn't fear command-line or 'error: 3'
> things. Microsoft's way is evident. They wanted cash. So they needed to sell
> as many copies as possible. To do that, they needed something even a
> 'Where's the any key?' user could use. And here's Win9x.
>
> The fact is, now, I don't think that a 'Where's the any key?' user is best
> using a Win95 machine instead of a Macintosh, or even Be (although I have
> absolutely no experience using it, it looks both powerful, and
> user-friendly, with emphasis on user-friendlyness).
>
> So conclusion:
>
> Guys, don't worry. In the next 5 years, will see the fall of Microsoft's
> empire.
>
> - Linux and FreeBSD are attacking Microsoft's server plans. Real bad for
> WinNT. Eh, why do you think they decided that everyone should use NT? They
> needed to improve it's name. They know we're there, and that we'll be a
> tough opponent to knock down. They are going to use whatever they can, and
> that means brand recognition and marketing power.
>
> - Java is growing stronger and stronger, and more use of Java means less OS
> dependancy. Bad for microsoft. Real bad.
>
> - And last, Be and Macintoshes are growing stronger (or coming back, ;) )
> and will probably take the newbie users. And these are the ones that really
> put Microsoft at what it is with win95.

	Add one more:

 - M$'s decision to do the absurd merging of WinNT and Win95/8 into
Win2000 will guarantee new refugees from the M$ world, along with
increasing frequency of BSOD, and other errors.  The one-size-fits-all
approach will blow up in their face.  The Linux system, which is a good
demonstration of modularity, will be a beacon to some/many of those
refugees.

--
Ed C.