Re: Why?!

hi

Ship's Log, Lt. Charles Collicutt, Stardate 201298.2155:
> But for the home user, why bother? Linux is so much harder to set up
> (it may not be incredibly difficult but it is still much much harder than
> "stick the cd in the cd-rom drive and click on "next" until it's
> installed, possibly changing a few values on the way" which is all you
> have to do for windows). It's a complete bugger to install new things -

Oh yes?
Sticking the CD in and installing Windows took me about 6 to 8 hours until I
had my first working Version of Windows, and I do not talk about setting up
any software, just to get the system run at all.
On the same computer I installed Linux in about 30 min. including X.

just another 5 lines to extend the threat (oops thread ;)
--
Alexander N. Benner   - Nikodemus@innocent.com -   IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG:
- if you have problems that seem to be due to kernel bugs, [...] then the