xdm

Hi,

I am new to the debian distribution and have run into an install problem,
sort of.

I have installed redhat and caldera on my machine without difficulty
including the Xserver.

I set up X the sanme way I did the other distro's.

The problem I having is that for some resson during the install I chose to
start xdm but now when I boot up there  must be something wrong with my
Xconfig setup because X never comes up the screen just continually blinks
off and on.

The only way I can stop it is by rebooting.

Is there any way I can get in and diable xdm so I can boot to the command
line and then figure out what is wrong with X.

Thanks Alot

Rick