Re: Adding users from a list or database?

	I made a set of perl scripts addapted to the organization I was
sysadmin off, quite simple since they only read a text file and then:
1.- tried to find if user existed (give me quite a headache, since other
sysadmins had used different abbreviations for full names, middle names...)
2.- if it didn't exist use a generated-on-the-fly login (I used a program
made by Juan Cespedes, another Debian developer which might be useful for
your purposes)
3.- add the user with a modified adduser (took the source and modified it to
allow non-interactively give a passwd  by STDIN)..might have it around
somewhere.
4.- do all tasks needed in my site: send e-mail,  add to printer quotas, set
config files...

	All my work is, of course, GPL'ed, if anyone finds it might be
userful I can e-mail it to him (or make it available for download)

	I have also looked for apps that might be useful for this, and have
some available, like a 'dialog' based app (in spanish) for maintaing a
student's lab of Linux boxes (they use NIS), but have not yet found flexible
enough for the purposes of such a tool....

	Regards

	Javi