Re: Xdm

> I suspect that your X is configured not quite right.  Blinking screen is
> likely to be misconfiguration of VIDEO CARD.  Make sure you are using right
> xserver for your card.  It's not a good idea to start xdm at boot, till you
> made sure that everything is working in X.  BTW you can start xdm from console
> just typing "xdm" as root.

Yeah, but what about the keyboard lockup?
Every time screen was going blank, nothing I typed appeared on the screen
later.

> Yes, wrong configuration of X is very likely.  Check you /etc/X11/XServer file.
> What video card are you using?  Someone can just send you his XF86Config and
> you can extract relevant part.

No need for it. My X is configured pretty good right now. It may have been
that back then I had no idea what I was doing. Quite possible.
Andrew
Never include a comment that will help | Andrew Ivanov
someone else understand your code.     | c680789@showme.missouri.edu
If they understand it, they don't      | ICQ: 12402354
need you.                              |