Re: Tohsiba Satellite - screen size in text mode

On Fri, Dec 18, 1998 at 06:57:59PM +0000, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> I have a Toshiba Satellite 4000CDT (TFT screen).  In text mode only the middle
> part of the screen is visible, though in graphics mode the whole screen is used.
> There is an option in Hardware Setup to stretch the screen, but this gives the
> same number of lines, with double spacing.
>
> This isn't really a Linux problem, because the same thing happens in DOS. But is
> there any linux program that can enable the use of the whole screen?

Anthony,

Although you seem to have already found a solution, you could also try
SVGATextmode.  I am using a very readable 80x60x9 font on my Satellite Pro
400 CS, plus it gives me a block cursor which I can easily find on the DSTN
screen.

--
Dave Thayer
Denver, Colorado USA