Re: WP Question

On Sat, 19 Dec 1998 09:51:22 -0500 (EST), Peter Kovacs wrote:

>On Sat, 19 Dec 1998, Shao Zhang wrote:
>
>> but then I did this:
>> 	ln -s /usr/local/wp/wpbin/xwp /usr/local/bin/xwp
>>
>> and when I run it I got the following msg:
>> 	Error: File not found -- admintxt.us
>
>Same thing happened to me. For some reason it assumes you're going to
>install it directly into /usr/local.  It's looking for a file called
>/usr/local/shlib10/admintxt.us, so you need to link that directory
>(shlib10) into /usr/local.  To make it easier on myself, I just linked
>every directory in /usr/local/wp/ into /usr/local/ and it works fine now.

Now, wait a minute....

This is VERY strange...

I installed WP into /usr/local/wp80, and it worked fine from the first time on
I tried it, both as root and as ordinary user. It would NOT run when I linked
xwp to /usr/local/bin/xwp, but I had to change into the wpbin directory and
execute it from there.

Strangely enough when I today tried to demonstrate it to some friends it
produced the exact same error message as above.

What gives?!

--
Ralf G. R. Bergs * Welkenrather Str. 100/102 * 52074 Aachen * Germany
+49-241-876892, +49-241-877776 (fax) * rabe@rwth-aachen.de  * PGP ok!