Swap partitioning

Figuring out that StarOffice5 is too much a resource hog (actually, SOffice
+ mp3 + 12 or 13 netscape windows, etc. etc.) for my current config, I've
decided to add another swap partition to my Linux. I setup'ed (is that a
word?) lilo and everything... Booted and took a look at 'top'. Oh surprise,
NO swap memory. 0k. (See attached file)

Revelant specs:

Linux partition is: /dev/hda7
Current swap: /dev/hda8
New swap: /dev/hda9
64megs of RAM

----

1) Will adding another swap partition really help SOffice?

2) Where does I configure Linux to take account of swap partitions?

3) How many swap partitions Linux supports?

----
Christian Lavoie
UIN: 947212
E-Mail: clavoie@enter-net.com