Adding a user... but they can't use X

 I'm migrating my wife to Linux and weaning her off of Windows. I've got
almost everything together (StarOffice, etc.), but I've run into a
problem.

 I installed fvwm95 and got it configured properly. Then I used 'useradd'
to give her an account, and gave her her own .fvwm95rc. When I log on as
her, I can run 'startx' and it brings up the taskbar and so forth. But
when I try to fire off any programs from the taskbar or an icon, they lock
up. I tried opening an rxvt and it brings up a window and then says 'You
don't have permission to run the X server'.

 I normally run as a mortal user myself, and I can definitely use X
with that acocunt... but I created that account on installation. Did I do
something wrong when I created her acocunt, or is there some file I need
to update? Is there some special group she needs to be added to (a quick
perusal of /etc/groups didn't show much).

 Do I just need to restart some particular process or (heaven forfend)
reboot?

 Sincerely,

 Ray Ingles          (248) 377-7735         ray.ingles@fanucrobotics.com

  If you get an email that says, "FORWARD THIS IMMEDIATELY TO ALL YOUR
     FRIENDS, *RIGHT* *NOW*!", don't. It's a hoax, I guarantee it.
                            - Me