Kayak/CLGD5465 chipset x configuration

We've found the chipset for this thing--it's the
Cirrus CLGD5465, mounted on the motherboard.

But which driver does this use?  the chipset is listed in XF86Setup,
but i can't tell if i should be choosing something other than the
regular svga driver.

At least we've determined that it's not bringing the whole system
down; the IP address was wrong, which was the real reason we
had been unable to telnet in.  But after we telnetted in after the
most recent crash, the display didn't come back, and
we still needed to reboot.  Ideas, anywone?

rick