Re: Corel WordPerfect 8 for Linux ishere! (fwd)

peter piped,

> I got it, installed it, and it's quite nice.  The installer wasn't exactly
> intuitive, but everything went in without a hitch.  I downloaded it all in
> one piece (the 23 meg bad boy), and untarred it.

and that was the problem.  IN spite of the claim above the link, it
gave me only the first of several, rather than the big one it claimed
to be.

btw, ftp.cdrom.com is an order of magnitude or two faster than
download.com.

> If you use WP8 for windows, this is almost exactly the same.  I haven't
> noticed any differences yet...

mine opens in it's own window.  Is there another way to do this? :)