Re: xterm font is W I D E

Kent West wrote:

> Anyone know where I can fix second and third and etc xterm windows to look
> like my first one?

I believe that the "correct" way to do this is to add xterm resource
settings to your ~/.Xdefaults (which some people preferr to call
~/.Xresources) file.  This is a method of setting attributes for an
entire category of X clients, like all xterms.

IIRC, your ~/.Xdefaults is loaded by a calling xrdb in your ~/.xinitrc
file.  (~/.xinirc is alos sometimes called ~/.xsession if you are
using xdm.)

I seem to recall that Xemacs has a very well documented
sample.Xdefaults file accessable under it's help menu.  This won't
help with xterm resource settings but it does serve a a good example
of setting them.

Just for kicks here is a clip of my .Xdefaults regarding xterm
settings.  I'm not 100% sure if this is the most correct waqy to set
these but they seemed to work.

---
! File: .Xdefaults
! This is where resources are specified for X applications
!
! To Reload these setting onto the X server use:
!
!	xrdb -load ~/.Xdefaults
!

XTerm*font:     9x15
XTerm*boldfont: 9x15bold
XTerm*menufont: -b&h-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-normal-sans-12-120-75-75-m-70-iso8859-1
XTerm*background:       navy
XTerm*foreground:       white
XTerm*cursorColor:      yellow
XTerm*pointerColor:     yellow
XTerm*pointerColorBackground:   navy
XTerm*color0:   Black
XTerm*color1:   Red
XTerm*color2:   Green
XTerm*color3:   Yellow
XTerm*color4:   Blue
XTerm*color5:   Magenta
XTerm*color6:   Cyan
XTerm*color7:   White
!XTerm.vt100.geometry:   79x25
XTerm*reverseWrap:      true
XTerm*jumpScroll:       true
XTerm*scrollKey:        true
XTerm*saveLines:        2048
XTerm*scrollBar:        true
XTerm*charClass:        33:48, 37:48, 45-47:48, 126:48
XTerm*visualBell:	true
---

HTH,
Keith