xterm font is W I D E

I've got a couple of boxes running hamm. One has KDE as the wm (excuse me,
"environment"), and the other has FVWM. On both of them, when X starts,
the default xterm window looks great, but if I open another one, the
window is very wide and the font is widely spaced, l i k e  t h i s. I've
tried looking for various .rc files and man xterm and the like, but being
a newbie, I'm not sure I'd see the setting if it was highlighted in
yellow and was waving a flag.

Anyone know where I can fix second and third and etc xterm windows to look
like my first one?

Thanks.

--
Kent West