Re: Why is XEmacs better than Emacs?

> What advantages does XEmacs have over Emacs (and are there any the other
> way around)?  I am using emacs at the moment.  Is it worth me changing?

Another reply listed the advantages of xemacs over emacs.  So I'll take
the other side.

My experience is the opposite of yours: I started with xemacs and then
switched to emacs.  My primary reason for doing so was that so many
more people are using emacs that it's a lot easier to get help, and
the contributed packages I wanted to use tended to work better with
emacs.  Emacs is available everywhere, including on my ISP, so my
(still mimimal) expertise transfers, I can use the same .emacs file
everywhere, etc.

--Eric House