Horrid question: ssh or ssl-telnet for Windoze(95)/Doz

Ugh, this is a horrid question to ask but I'll risk it.

I am happily moving all my heavy internet stuff to Debian (three
machines: home, old office, new ISP hosted machine).  Very, very
impressed with Debian.

The trouble is that I can't ditch Windoze from my portable for some
time yet nor do I have space on it for the doze things I need
(mostly SAS & SPSS) and to put Debian on it too.  I'll get space
some day but .....

.... 'til then I want some secure way to get into my Debian
machines from that machine when I'm away from home.  Does
anyone else face this?  Is there a free or cheap ssh or ssl-telnet for
this horrid platform or are there other ways of ensuring confidential
transfers and use of the debian machines?

TIA and seasonal greetings!

Chris

Chris Evans, R&D Consultant,
Tavistock & Portman NHS Trust