Re: ??? how to TOTALLY remove KDE ???

At 08:39 AM 12/16/1998 +0000, Rich Hartman wrote:
>Hey there everybody,
>
>After using KDE for a while, I've decided to ditch it and try
>Gnome... my question is - How do I remove it so that EVERYTHING is
>gone? This is my second attempt at running debian (had it running
>earlier this year with KDE... when I tried to remove KDE via dselect,
>it didn't remove a bunch of directories because they "weren't empty"
>or something....) basically, I want no trace that it was ever there,
>and to start fresh with a pristine system..
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Rich

I think that if you use the - key to mark a package for deletion, it
removes the package but not the configuration files, etc. If you use the _
key instead, it gets rid of everything. However, if you did use the _ key
instead of the - key, then just ignore my comment because obviously I don't
know what I'm talking about :-)