??? how to TOTALLY remove KDE ???

Hey there everybody,

After using KDE for a while, I've decided to ditch it and try
Gnome... my question is - How do I remove it so that EVERYTHING is
gone? This is my second attempt at running debian (had it running
earlier this year with KDE... when I tried to remove KDE via dselect,
it didn't remove a bunch of directories because they "weren't empty"
or something....) basically, I want no trace that it was ever there,
and to start fresh with a pristine system..

Thanks in advance,

Rich