Re: cfengine cron job

On Mon, Dec 14, 1998 at 12:20:51PM +0000, Graham Ashton wrote:

> What would be the most "debian friendly" way of disabling it? I thought
> of removing the cfengine package, but then thought that there might be a
> less heavy handed approach, other than deleting/moving the files from
> /etc/cron.daily and /etc/cron.weekly.

Execute this command:

/usr/sbin/dpkg-divert --local --add --rename --divert /etc/cron.daily/cfengine /etc/cron.daily/cfengine.norun

This will move the cron file so that dpkg knows you did it. Also the '.'
in the new name will make run-parts not run it (norun :). To mave it back:

/usr/sbin/dpkg-divert --remove /etc/cron.daily/cfengine.norun

good luck,
  Ben

UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollins@debian.org