Re: system instablity

On Sun, 13 Dec 1998, Ed Cogburn wrote:

> john@dhh.gt.org wrote:
> >
> > Ed C. writes:

<rm>

> 	I realize this is a rare problem, because few if anyone is seeing it,
> but its clear to me that its not a hardware problem, even though I
> understand that you don't believe me, and you are not the only one to
> tell me its not Debian software thats causing the problem.

I had 3 GPF's recently with Hamm, once while in dselect (after a long
d'load), and twice just "idling". I assumed it wasn't ram, because I
successfully compiled a kernel.  I went into Bios and "normalized" it,
including shutting off some shadow ram -- but left it PnP. The problem
hasn't returned. In betwee GPF 2 and 3, I had 1.3 installed and that
didn't fault. Go figure.

You may want to review install.txt and "normalize" your bios. It can't
hurt.