RE: creating audio-cds from .wav-files

> But, ...
> my target is to bring the .wav - files back to
> audio-format to create audio-cd's which I can
> run in my "stereo-box-cd-player"
> Is there any way to do this, maybe a converting-
> program ?

There is no need to convert the files.  cdrecord can write .wav files
directly to CD-R (I've done this once or twice).  From the cdrecord
man page:

	If a filename ends in .au or .waw the file is  con­
	sidered   to  be  a  structured  audio  data  file.
	Cdrecord assumes that the file in this  case  is  a
	Sun  audio  file  or  a  Microsoft  .WAV  file  and
	extracts the audio data from the files by  skipping
	over  the  non-audio  header  information.   In all
	other cases, cdrecord will only work  correctly  if
	the  audio  data  stream  does not have any header.
	Because many structured audio files do not have  an
	integral   number  of  blocks  (1/75th  second)  in
	length, it is often necessary to specify  the  -pad
	option  as  well.   cdrecord  recognizes that audio
	data in a .WAV file is  stored  in  Intel  (little-
	endian)  byte  order,  and will automatically byte-
	swap the data if  the  CD  recorder  requires  big-
	endian  data.   Cdrecord will reject any audio file
	that does not match the Red  Book  requirements  of
	16-bit  stereo  samples in PCM coding at 44100 sam­
	ples/second.

-Jon Burchmore