Re: UDMA Disk Errors Fixed

On Sun, 13 Dec 1998, Rick Macdonald wrote:

> George - with all those things disabled, does the UDMA disk perform
> faster than if you just don't use the UDMA in the first place? I'm
> assuming that you can choose a UDMA driver or the regular IDE driver?

The only UDMA driver is for the Promise controller. I do not have a UDMA
controller, it is a standard IDE controller with a UDMA drive that claims
to be IDE compatable.  Setting PIO Mode to 0 seems to fix the problem.

George Bonser

The Linux "We're never going out of business" sale at an FTP site near you!